Monday, May 30, 2011

Animal Wisdom

It is so fun to step out my front door and see all the wildlife that is around.  Many cultures believe there is wisdom in these creatures if we would only listen.  Animal totems reach out to us and can offer an insight into our day.  I always try and see who is around me and listen quietly to what they are trying to tell me.

I am enjoying the Hummingbirds around my house for the past
month and I was able to capture this little one's photo for you!

I think this is a great animal totem for the coming year.   Hummingbirds represent Happiness. "They can teach you  how to find the miracle of joyful living from your own life circumstances." (animal Speak, Ted Andrews)
**********************************************************************************
Are you interested in Discovering your power or totem animal????


I will be overing a 3 part meditation to help you discover what your power or totem animal is at this time in your life. Power animals most often come to us in dreams, meditations, initiations, and visions. You can have more than one power animal.

Your power animal can change at a given time depending on your lifepath at that time. Power animals are often attracted by the emotional needs of the person - viewed as protectors who help overcome fears and empower us.

There will be open discussion after the meditations to talk about how our power or totem animals help us and guide us in our daily life. I'll have animal 'Medicine cards' there to help you understand some of the meanings of your totem animal.

Bring a pillow or two, blanket, air mattress, sleeping bag or whatever you need to be comfortable while laying on the floor during this intense series of meditations. If you prefer to sit, that's ok too.

Cost: $30
email for the details of when and where


March 25th, 2011 walking around this morning in the front yard I hear a rucus in the bushes and out shoots 3 blue jays...they must have a nest or just playing...I do love them...they love to find the peanuts I have hidden around my yard...they start talking to me first thing in the morning if I don't have any out...they are very demanding little things, with great personalities...they are one of my animal totems.
In My favorite book by Ted Andrew’s Animal-Speak: The Spiritual and Magical Power of Creatures Great & Small, I go to look it up and see what the 3 blue jays are trying to tell me today...


from Ted’s book: “For those to whom the jay comes as a totem, it can reflect lessons in using your own power properly. It can also reflect lessons in not allowing yourself to be place in a position in which power is misused against you.”
My message for the day "I will allow the energy of blue jay to help me align my personal power for the highest good for all concerned."





Feb 28th, 2011   Going to the Ren Festival is always the highlight of the year for us.  My daughter and I have been since she was 3yrs old.  Walking around and visiting the shops of artisans and people watching and looking for the fairies is always fun.  We love the falcons and always stop by the Falconer and watch the birds fly and pick up some things he teachs the audience about the birds of prey that we can add to our program... This year was no exception and I was able to capture a few good shots for you of the birds in flight.  They are so super fast and this is one of them coming right at us.  I looked up the Falcon as a totem animal...enjoy

Falcon   Providence is on your side, and the opportunity that has been presented to you is congruent with your soul's purpose. Even if you don't feel fully prepared or have doubts in your ability to manage the complexities that are inherent in tackling this venture, dive in anyway. ... Commit to your mission 100%, and fulfill that commitment to the best of your ability. This isn't a time for analysis, introspection or retreat, but a time for action. ... You can deal with whatever concerns come up without being distracted by them and without straying from the path you're on.

Associations: Focus, Speed, Agility, Gracefulness, Observation, Vitality, Enthusiasm, Precision, Adventurousness, Passion, Opportunity, Perceptiveness, Fluidity
 Excerpts from Messages from Your Animal Spirit Guides Oracle Cards, Steven D. Farmer

No comments:

Post a Comment