Sunday, June 26, 2011

The Magic of Summer

It's the first official weekend after the summer solstice (June 21st). Time to celebrate the magic of the Sunshine!

What is the magic of summer? For me it's the slower pace of life, the ocean breezy evenings filled with laughter, and the cool peaceful mornings.

Here's my list of a few things that make summer magical for me:

--chatting with friends on walks outside, (around the corner or at the beach!)
--strawberries and blueberries
--homemade ice cream
beach sunflower
--fresh picked flowers from the garden
--flea and art markets
--road trips
--butterflies (always!)

river snail


--campfires and s'mores
--open doors = fresh air

I am planning to enjoy this year! 
zebra longwing butterfly, Florida's state butterfly

I would love for to hear what makes summer magical for you, leave a comment and a photo if you have one....

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous pics! I like your list, and would add: bonfires at my friend's ranch, lazy afternoons in the shade of the backyard with a good book, and my local farmers market!

    ReplyDelete